Monday, July 7, 2008

my humble origins AKA a bit of a Bio. PART 2

High school was much better then Junior High. The HS I went to had something like 3,000 students so I kinda floated by in anonymity most of the time and I kinda flourished. I actually excelled academically to and got mostly A's to the delight of my parents. My junior year I transfered schools which was a big change. I went from a 3,000+ student public school - where a the adolescen/prison yard mentality prevailed - to a small alternative continuation school that was envisioned as a safe place for special or at risk kids who didn't fit the norm (translation lots of LBGT students, artistic/creative kids, punk rockers, goths, and hippies). Anyways, I look back very fondly at 11th and 12th grade for many reasons.

It was at ****** High that I figured out a lot about my identity. After "dating" N*** I had become a little more confident. In 9th and 10th grade I had a more active social life and made a few (ahem) friends both of the male and female persuasion. At my new high school I met L**** who went to an alternative school because the students where she had gone before didn't appreciate awkward femmey boys become really cool girls. We became really close friends and started dating the summer between my Junior and Senior year. So at about 18 things clicked, although, I probably couldn't verbalize it so "eloquently" at the time. I am attracted to a clearly defined male/female dynamic in the context of a relationship, but I enjoy the presence of 2 peni during the sex act.

Ah mystery solved....or is it? probably not (hint, Murphy's law applies)

Well me and L**** dated for about a year after I finished high school. We eventually went our separate ways over differences; I was an immature 19 year old who mainly wanted to drink beer, work on my car and save up money for college, which was okay by her as a great "fuck you for standing in my way, dad!" kinda high school BF. But, when she graduated she went to college in SoCal and that was the end of us. I actually took it really hard and didn't date at all for 2 years.

Flash 3 years down the road. I did 2 years of college, but then dropped out to work with the plan to go back in about a year (which ended up more 5). I met a girl named M****. She was cool an looked almost exactly like Betty Page, I didn't know that she was initially I didn't know that she was "my type" of girl, so I ignored her advances whicle she pursued me for a while, we ended up dating for nearly 2 years.


to be continued.....

No comments: