Saturday, August 9, 2008

Please forgive this incoherent ramble...

So, I had this fluffy dating up-date in mind tonight but, at this point, it feels so pointless and self-absorbed. Please forgive my lack of coherence.

I just read about the murder of Angie Zapata. I was sort of aware that it had happened, but I just read an article that specifically described how the crime occurred. The murder of any human being is is tragic, and I believe justice should be delivered mercilessly for ALL violent crimes.

In this case though, how can the retribution of mortal hands ever come close to justice? A split second "crime of passion" followed by a life-sentence as atonement - I see the logic, the fairness, possibility human redemption.

But to attack someone, methodically cover the tracks and then - when the victim survived the first attack by some slim chance - to deliver a killing blow on a defenseless unconcious victim, it defies all reason.

In my life I have seen the face of death. I grew up in Oakland, CA - a city that at times averaged more then a murder a day. I've known people who ended up homicide and suicide statistics. I have had friends who don't always disclose their TS status partners - which I refuse to pass judgment on. But, please everyone be careful, please everyone be careful, and please Saint Michael protect us from evil.

D.

No comments: